Therapy, Training & Consultancy
Specialists in Paediatric Occupational Therapy
Thinking about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
We are continuing to adhere to all relevant guidance to ensure the wellbeing of our clients and staff. We want to ensure a safe, pleasant, and relaxed experience of our therapeutic services, with as little disruption as possible. Please continue to follow NHS guidance which can be found here if you have any concerns https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Please also check out our Resources Page for ideas for your children and yourselves to think about during this time at home – such as home-play ideas, and self-regulation ideas.
Please contact us for any help or advice, we’re ready to support you.
A very warm welcome to Juniper Tree Therapy!
Juniper Tree Therapy is a small team of Occupational Therapists based in Yorkshire, England. We have extensive experience working with children, young people, and their families or carers.
You might seek help from an Occupational Therapist for a child for lots of reasons, which could include;
- Functional Difficulties (handwriting, fine motor skills, eating, tooth brushing, sleeping)
- Emotional Difficulties (anger, irritability, withdrawn, frequently upset)
- Social Difficulties (aggression, poor friendships, poor play skills)
- Academic Difficulties (struggling to manage in the classroom, struggling to learn)
- Sensory and Physical Difficulties (clumsiness, lack of physical skill development, sensitivity to certain sensory experiences such as sound or touch)
We consider each client we work with as an individual; some may have a diagnosis of a particular condition, others may not. We are experienced working with clients with diagnoses including;
- Sensory Processing Disorder or Difficulties
- Emotional Regulation Difficulties
- Attachment Difficulties
- Developmental Trauma, including medical and relational
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Cerebral Palsy
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Developmental Delay
- Chromosomal or Genetic Conditions
- Learning Difficulties
We have a range of approaches which may meet the needs of your child, and we work alongside other Professionals in a holistic way. Approaches that we use may include Sensory Integration, Sensory Attachment Intervention, or other approaches. This will be discussed between yourself and the Occupational Therapist. You can read more about these on our website.