What You Need to Know
Please let us know if you have any questions which are not addressed below
- We are on a first floor space. There is disabled lift access, and a disabled toilet which is situated downstairs
- We are in a shared building with other businesses
- We ask you not to bring any nut products to your sessions. However, because we are in a shared building we cannot guarantee a ‘nut free’ building, so please speak to us about any nut allergies, or other allergies, prior to your visit
- We welcome you to remain with your child throughout the duration of their sessions as a participant! We will also require you to accompany them to the toilet should they need to use this.
- There is CCTV onsite including in the carpark, but there is no CCTV within our therapy rooms. When we record therapeutic sessions, both yourself and your child will be asked for permission to understand the purpose of this.
What to Bring
- Both you and your child should wear comfortable clothes that you can play and roll around in! Joggers, leggings, ‘loungewear’ is ideal. You might even get messy depending on what you do in your session, so please come in things that are easily washed!
- You’ll be asked to remove your shoes in the Sensory Integration room – please wear socks you’re comfortable in, or even trampoline socks which have non-slip grips on if you have them!
- Please feel free to bring snacks or drinks with you
When You Arrive
We are in the LS17 Business Centre, which is a newly converted building from a function building, and before that a golf clubhouse! It was formerly known as ‘The Allerton’.
Our address is Nursery Lane, Alwoodley, Leeds, LS17 7HW. You can find us on Google Maps here.
There is a Co-Op next to us.
When you come into the entrance, you will see a large carpark in front of you, with this large annex at the back (please note we are not in the Annex!). There is plenty of free parking. If you require Disabled Parking, turn immediately left upon driving into the carpark and you will see two Disabled Parking Spaces which are in front of the entrance to our building.
Please note all vehicles are left in the car park at the owners risk, and the management does not accept liability for loss or damage caused to any vehicle or contents in the carpark.
Our building is the LS17 Business Centre. From the main carpark area, walk past the front of the Asian restaurant until you see the entrance to our building. You will pass a sign which says ‘Madison Offices Alwoodley’.
When you arrive, you should telephone your Occupational Therapist who will meet you down at the front door. Please arrive 5 minutes prior to the time for your appointment, not early. This is to ensure adherence with Covid-19 policy.
When you have made your way through the building to our our clinic rooms, we have a magnetic door system in place. This means that a fob is needed to move between rooms, or exit the clinic space. An Occupational Therapist will be with you at all times, however in the event of an emergency in the absence of a Therapist, an override key is hung on a hook above each exit point. You can use the key to turn the override from ‘1’ to ‘0’ to leave the room.
We have a full Risk Assessment for clients accessing this space, which is available here. We ask you to review this prior to your visit, and speak to your Occupational Therapist if you have any questions or concerns.
If you, or the client you are bringing for a session may need assistance to evacuate the building or reach a place of safety in the event of an emergency (for instance, a person with impaired mobility), please complete this Personal Emergency Evacuation Checklist and return it to your Occupational Therapist. If you prefer, we can send you a hardcopy or complete this directly with you.
We also have a preparation document which you can download here with visuals to prepare for your visit. It is a Microsoft Word document so you can download this and use just the images you need.