Our assessment process is personalised to the specific aims and needs of each individual referral. We use a holistic approach, drawing from our skills and knowledge in a broad range of Occupational Therapy frameworks. Assessment may be required as a standalone, or a support element to existing therapeutic work.
We accept self-referrals, and referrals from Parents, Schools, Local Authorities, and wider Professionals. Fostering or Adoption specific referrals must be received from the commissioning Social Work Department.
Assessment approaches may include the following;
- Sensory Integration and Sensory Processing assessments, including a combination of standardised measures and observations.
- Sensory Attachment Intervention assessments, based on profiling and interviews initially, followed by direct assessment and observation
- Functional Assessments for specific daily occupations, including the Assessment of Motor and Process Skills (AMPS)
- Eating and Mealtime observations
- Attachment-Informed Assessments including the Child Attachment & Play Assessment (CAPA), Marschak Interaction Method (MIM), Video Interactive Guidance (VIG)
Assessments may take place across a variety of settings; in the home, school, or other relevant location.
Sometimes with complex cases it is more appropriate to complete assessments indirectly, to reduce crowding of Professionals and services. The circumstances of each individual case will be considered at the point of accepting each referral.
Feedback from the assessments will be provided to all Key Adults and relevant Professionals involved. This might be using video footage and using written materials to support ongoing recommendations.